- Location extensions within a geographic area is now configurable through the API, which in previous versions was a read-only feature. LocationGroups provides a feedId that is now required when specifying a LocationExtensionOperand in the matching function.
- Updates to reporting. Gmail Sponsored Promotion stats are now available in reporting. We’ve added new columns to existing reports, including the Final Url column to the Search Query report and start and end dates to Campaign Performance report. See the release notes for the complete list.
- Improved ConstantDataService. CriterionUserInterest objects now have a new parent ID attribute that allows for navigation of the user interest taxonomy hierarchy.
- AWQL improvements. You can now explicitly include or exclude zero impression rows when requesting reports using AWQL. Also, the DURING clause became optional when defining ALL_TIME reports. Shared set services were extended with the AWQL query() method.
- Improvement to labels. You can now programmatically set label descriptions and colors using the API.
As with every new version of the AdWords API, we encourage you to carefully review all changes in the release notes and the v201506 migration guide. The updated client libraries and code examples will be published shortly. With this release, we've also updated the Required Minimum Functionality document to include some of the newly added features. If you have any questions or need help with migration, please post on the forum or the Ads Developers Plus Page.