On Monday, February 29th, 2016 (to make your lives easier, we slipped an extra day into February this year so you get a bonus day) we will be sunsetting v201411 of the DFP API in accordance with our deprecation schedule. At that time, any requests made against v201411 will begin returning errors. If you’re still actively using v201411, make a New Year’s resolution to switch over to our newest version to get the latest and greatest features available (like enhanced forecasting methods). To do so:
- Take a peek at our release notes and look for any breaking changes.
- Download the newest version of the client library for your platform.
- Start making requests with your updated application!
Some major changes in the newest version are:
- The following trafficking fields now require a timeZoneID: ProposalLineItem.startDateTime, ProposalLineItem.endDateTime, LineItem.startDateTime and LineItem.endDateTime.
- The .Type field has been removed from all entities. Use class names, instance of, or xsi:type instead.
- The getForecast and getForecastById methods have been replaced by getAvailabilityForecast and getAvailabilityForecastById, respectively.
- Products has been updated to use CustomizableAttributes, and ProductTargeting has been replaced with a standard Targeting object.
- All DimensionFilters have been removed and replaced by PQL filters where applicable.
- The columns RECONCILIATION_LAST_DATE_TIME and RECONCILIATION_RECONCILIATION_STATUS have been replaced by dimension attributes for proposal line items and line items.
- Flash creatives, Template Creatives, and Custom Creatives all now use CreativeAssets.
- TargetPlatform has been removed from LineItem and AdUnit.
- Added support for creative-level targeting.
This is not an exhaustive list, so feel free to reach out to us with any questions.