Monday, June 11, 2012 | 1:40 PM
Today, we’d like to present the new DFP API Playground for test networks, built on Google App Engine using the new ads Java client library.
- Test networks can be created using the playground application
- OAuth2.0 authentication using the Java client library with automatic token refresh
- Uses a push queue to make API calls in background tasks and stream results back using the Channel API
Test Network Creation
The new playground makes it simple for API developers to create test networks and get started with DFP API. All you have to do is log in with a Google account that’s not already associated with a test network and you will be prompted to create a new one.
1. Visit http://dfp-playground.appspot.com/. You’ll be asked to sign in with your account if you haven’t already done so.
2. Authorize the application to make requests to DFP API on your behalf (you’ll only have to do this once).
3. Click the “Create Test Network” button.
4. And you’re done! You can now configure your test network (language, currency, etc) by following the link to the DFP user interface.
We are always looking for ways to help API developers be more productive, so if there are any features you would like to see in the playground application or in the API, please leave us a comment at our forum. We’d also love to chat with you at one of our Office hours hangouts.